I know what you’re thinking – cookies made from chickpeas? No way! Well I have to say, these will blow your mind. They’re tasty, gluten free and full of some gorgeous ingredients!
This week I was sent some gorgeous Coconut Curls by Ape Snacks. I wanted to use them to jazz up one of my favourite treat time recipes. I decided to use the lightly salted flavour, because salt really brings out the sweetness in chocolate. I love a mixture of sweet and salty!
To make these cookies, you will need –
- 240g (one drained can) of chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly and patted dry
- 175g of peanut butter – I use the pure nut kind with no nasties like palm oil
- 75g honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 50g chocolate chips – I crushed up half a bar of 70% dark chocolate
- 1/2 pack of Ape Snacks Coconut Curls
To make the cookies –
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment
- Place the chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and baking powder in a food processor and blitz it until the mixture is a smooth as possible
- Put the mixture into a bowl and add the chocolate chunks and the Coconut Curls. Give it a good stir
- With your hands divide the mixture into 6 equal dough balls and shape into a rough cookie shape.
- Place the cookies onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool and if you have any left store in an air tight container for 3-4 days
Enjoy! If you make these, please let me know what you think!