My head literally exploded into a thousand glistening pieces when I first saw swatches of these lip creams. I’m a matte girl all the way – matte lips, eyeshadows, liners – just matte. But, when it comes to anything space related, slightly celestial I get so excited! You’ve hopefully already seen my review of the Makeup Revolution Celestial Eyeshadow Collection and how beautiful they were, well now NYX have released these gorgeous lip creams with the most beautiful finish. There are twelve shades to choose from and I went for Speed of Light.
Here’s a swatch on my hand, in natural light with no flash –
And here’s ow it looked on my lips! –
It has a wonderfully creamy texture with amazing staying power. The colour is multidimensional, so its look varies depending on lighting. It has a gloss-like finish, but isn’t sticky like your usual glosses.
The twelve shades are –
- Fuchsia Fusion – pink toned
- Solar Energy – orange/coral toned
- Out of this World – emerald green toned
- Extraterrestrial – darker green toned
- Electromagnetic – aqua with silver and blues
- Comets Tail – baby blue toned
- Dark Nebula – navy blue toned
- Asteroid Aura – magenta toned
- Celestial Star – indigo toned
- Speed of Light – rose gold toned
- Galactic – dark grey toned
- Ultraviolet – purple toned
Are you brave enough to try some of the crazier colours?