The weather in the winter months can be so harsh on our skin. Skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis can flare up and make us feel generally miserable. I wanted to write this post as I suffer with dry skin over the colder period, especially on my hands and face.
There are many ways we can look after our skin over this time and here I will tell you about the ways in which you can do it.
I was lucky enough to be sent some Aquamax products to try – the cream and the wash.
This cream can be used all over the body. I focused it’s use on my hands mainly, as I suffer from eczema on them. The cream is also suitable for babies and I have used some on Baby J, focusing on her nappy area. The cream has quite honestly been brilliant. It has prevented any skin cracking and has made my skin very soft.
Aquamax Cream is SLS free, fragrance free and general nasties free! The cream is available in both a 100g tube and a 500g tub.
I replaced my usual handwash with the Aquamax Wash. My hands can get terribly sore using normal handwash and soaps, so this product is perfect around my home. It is a very gentle formula, also SLS and fragrance free. Once again, this wash can be used all over the body and on babies. The bottle is 250g so will keep you going over the winter.
Both Aquamax products can be bought from your Healthcare professional or at a pharmacy over the counter. If you’re unable to get the product through these methods, you can order them directly from Aquamax here.
Other Ways to Keep Skin Protected This Winter
- Drink plenty of water – keep skin hydrated and flush out toxins
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as they contain antioxidants which protect against winter sun damage, aging and inflammation
- Drink hot water with a slice of lemon every morning to flush out kidneys and liver for clearer skin
- Have a cup of green tea for anti aging goodness and hydration
- Cleanse thoroughly! Make sure you follow a good skin cleansing routine, removing all makeup and other products. Never fall asleep with your makeup on!
And there we have it! My tips for caring for your skin this winter. If your skin is dry and sore like mine was, then definitely give Aquamax products a go. I rarely find moisturisers like these that work with my skin problems.
What do you do to stay well in the Winter?