Oh my goodness, Christmas is only six days away! It’s extra exciting for us this year because we have Baby J in our lives. She has no idea what’s going on, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get excited, right?!
We had a Christmas party this weekend which meant, woohoo, time to spend time on my makeup! I took photos of all the products I used and selfies at different steps of the process. I hope you like my mini tutorial!
Here’s my before photo (please excuse my monstrous eyebrows!) –
Prepping My Face
- Moisturiser – Soap & Glory Speed Plump All-Day Super Moisture Marvel. This moisturiser is beautiful. It makes my skin feel wonderful and I’ve had no skin complaints, like I usually get when I switch moisturisers.
- Bio Extracts Glow Booster for added sparkle
- Primer – Nivea for Men Post Shave Balm
- To add some moisture I used the Aromatherapy Associates London Rose Hydrating Mist
- Foundation – L’Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade Vanilla Rose. This is my favourite foundation by miles, it’s perfect for my skin type and tone and is so easy to apply. I highly recommend this one!
- I firstly primed my eyes with the Mac Pro Long Wear Paint Pot in the shade ‘Painterly’. This stuff is amazing! It perfectly matches the skin on the eyelid and disguises any veins or discolouration and keeps your eyeshadow in place at the same time!
- For my eyeshadow I used the Too Faced Nikkie Tutorials ‘The Power of Makeup Palette’. I used the shades as follows –
- Irresistible (Gold) in the inner corners
- Frosted Yum (Silver) on the rest of the lid
- Wanted (Black) on the outer corners, forming a mini cat eye
- Over the top of Frosted Yum I used the Too Faced glitter pot which came with the Nikkie Tutorials palette. I picked the glitter up on my brush using a bit of primer as ‘glue’
- Now for the really exciting part! Over the gold shade – Irresistible – I used some large glitter from my Dust & Dance pot of gold glitter. Once again I used primer as a ‘glue’.
- The eyes were finished off with my current favourite mascara – P.S Pro Mascara by Primark
- I concealed underneath the eyes with the L’Oreal True Match Concealer
- Eyebrows – Collection Brow Definer in Blonde
Fixing and Baking!
- To fix my foundation I used the L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder
- To bake my under eye, I used the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Loose Powder. If you’re unsure of what baking is – it is where you leave a powder on under the eyes for at least ten minutes to set. This will stop under eye creases in your foundation and concealer and will also brighten, depending on what powder you use. You can also do this over your nose and in other areas you wish to brighten.
Contour, Blush and Highlight
- I contoured with the shade Chocolate Soleil from the Nikkie Tutorials palette
- Blush was the rose gold shade from the top row of the Makeup Revolution Pro Blush Palette in Golden Sugar
- Highlight was a gorgeous pan from Phee’s Makeup Shop
I decided not to go with glitter lips, as I felt it may be sparkle overload! I went with a Kylie Jenner Lip Kit in the shade Moon (and no, it’s not a real one, its a brilliant dupe from eBay!)
And this is the finished look! What do you think? I felt so glamorous and got lots of compliments on the inner corner eye glitter.
Here’s the before and after side-by-side –
Thank you for reading my tutorial, I’d love to know if you have a go yourself, or take any ideas from my look. Please send photos, I love them! Or you can alternatively tag me in them on Instagram – @sparkle.with.kerry