Wow, I can’t believe we’re in January already! I hope you all had a lovely New Year’s Eve and you’re chilling out and enjoying today. 2016 saw this blog reinvent itself and grow and I’ve loved every minute of writing it.
This year has been an emotional roller coaster and I won’t go into details about this because that’s not what this blog is about and talking about my personal life is not something I do, but I just wanted to say a big thank you for supporting it. All your comments, shares and ‘likes’ really make it all worthwhile and really spurs me on. A special mention to Gareth, my Mum, my sister Emma, Emily and her sister Charlotte, Natasha, Hollie and Leanne for being so kind about what I do and encouraging me to do more.
That’s enough of the soppy stuff! I thought I’d share my New Year’s Eve makeup look with you.
- Barry M Colour Correcting Primer
- L’Oréal True Match Foundation in Vanilla Rose
- L’Oréal True Match Powder
- L’Oréal True Match Concealer
- Morphe 35N Eyeshadow Palette – I used a pink shade all over the lid and black on the outer corners and lower lash line, forming a cat eye
- Too Faced Nikkie Tutorials kit glitter over the top of the pink shade
- Mascara was my old fave, Primark’s PS Pro High Definition Mascara
I used the darkest shade of the Makeup Revolution Lip Gloss Nude Edit which came in my 12 Days of Christmas box. I made the gloss matte (look out for a blog post on how to do this tomorrow!)
Blush, Contour and Highlight –
- Blush – Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in a pink shade
- Contour – from the Tanya Burr Peachy Glow palette
- Highlight – Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild
And there we have it! I’m especially pleased with my eyeshadow work this time and I put that down to my brilliant Spectrum set of brushes from my husband.
Tell me all about your NYE!