Makeup Revolution’s sister brand I Heart Makeup, have just launched this beauty. It’s the Unicorn Love palette and oh my gosh, it has a furry outer case!
Inside you get 16 matte and shimmer shades all with elements of fantasy and unicorn. Each shade has a fairytale name, for example – Fortune, Magic, Wings, Sparkle (my personal favourite name for obvious reasons!). There is a lovely range of shades – not as wild as I’d have expected from a palette named after creatures of the rainbow – but they are subtly beautiful. There are some perfect crease and transition colours, some beautiful, glittery brights and some all-round stunning shimmery shades.
You also receive a double-ended sponge applicator. I would’ve preferred a brush as I find sponge applicators to be the most useless makeup tools known to man – why oh why? There is a large and extremely useful mirror which spans across the whole inner casing lid and doesn’t distort you like something from the House of Mirrors.
I have swatched all of the shades for you below – I took one photo with the flash on and one without. I swatched from left to right, starting on the top row.
The shades I am particularly impressed with are –
- Flutter – a beautiful peachy shade
- Fortune and Gallop – both orangey/pinky browns one is shimmer, one is matte
- Story – Gold and so sparkly – just stunning!
- Wings – The perfect neutral brown crease shade
- Love – a gorgeous champagne gold and white
I created this look with the palette, here’s how –
- All over the lid, use Pure to set your primer and create a smooth base
- In the crease, use Flutter
- On the outer crease, use Wings to add more definition
- To create a Halo Eye look, use Fortune on the inner and outer corners and then blend them together along the crease so that they meet there in the middle
- Use Fortune again along the lower lash line
- To darken up the edge of the outer corner, use Gallop and blend out
- Using your finger, put Story in the middle of your eyelid and the middle of your lower lash line – this really adds to the Wow Effect!
As you can probably tell, I am a little bit in love with this palette. I love the range of shades to suit all skin tones and eye colours. There are endless looks to be created with it. The colour pay off and pigmentation is fantastic – particularly in the shimmer shades like Story. I’m wearing this eye look now and it hasn’t moved all day. I do use an eye primer, but it hasn’t dropped down below my eyes or moved into my crease. I am very impressed for a palette that costs only £7.99.
You can purchase this palette from TAMbeauty, but be quick as it does keep going out of stock very quickly! As I write this, there is only 1 left! Here’s the link to buy – Unicorn Love Palette.