To date, I have only applied makeup to my own face (and my Mum’s at Christmas – see that here). In my year off work for maternity leave, makeup has become more of an obsession to me than it previously was. I have always loved makeup and the world of beauty, but my love for it has grown, along with my need to know more about application techniques and tricks. Writing this blog has helped me learn and share what I have learnt with all of you and I have loved every minute of it.
When I was contacted by photographer Oliver Lall about joining him on a photoshoot as an MUA – I immediately said yes! I had already been thinking that I’d like to do makeup on a friend and then have some photos taken, so for me this was an opportunity not to be missed! Oliver put me in touch with Grace Appleby, our beautiful model and I instantly knew that we were all going to work together so well.
Here’s a little post about how the day went.
As I was feeling pretty nervous in the build up to the shoot, I planned out every aspect of Grace’s makeup look beforehand. I have a Makeup Artist Face Chart book which meant I could list every product I planned to use and also draw out how I would use them.
The location of the shoot was the Norwich Cathedral and the weather was perfect! When I arrived, I was greeted by Grace, who put me at ease instantly. We found a lovely spot under a tree and I got to work!
Products used –
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette
- Lashes – Beauty Atelier Shop #ROMANTIC Silk Lashes (use code KER 10 for free delivery)
- Foundation – Grace’s Own
- Concealer – Collection Lasting Perfection in Light
- Blush – Makeup Revolution Dream Blush Palette
- Bronzer – Too Faced #TFNoFilter Selfie Powders
- Contour and Brightening – Freedom Pro Strobe Palette
- Highlight – Makeup Revolution Rose Lights Highlighter Palette
- Lip Colour – Shaaanxo and BH Cosmetics Palette – the two nude and light pink shades
When the makeup was complete, I was able to join the team for a little bit of the shoot.
I had an absolutely amazing time and gained some new friends out of it too! I will be working with Oliver again, so will keep you posted on that.
For now, here are some photos from the day!
If you would like your makeup done by me and have some photos done with Oliver, then please get in touch via the online form below.