I was sent the SENSSé Hot and Cool Facial Bar in exchange for a review. When I received the product from Amazon, I was genuinely blown away with its beautiful packaging and the way the facial bar itself looks. The box is a good, solid matte white cardboard, with the Senssé logo on the front, in rose gold. Inside you receive the facial bar, a USB charger and 2 year warranty/instruction manual.
The facial bar itself is absolutely beautiful – with its subtly shimmery white design and accents of rose gold. The bar itself is extremely smooth. I couldn’t wait to try it on my skin! When using for the first time, the device needs to be charged for at least six hours on its lovely rose gold base.
There are four functions on the facial bar – heat, heat with vibrations, cool, cool with vibrations. The hot mode feels absolutely amazing! This mode increases blood circulation and relaxes facial muscles. The cool mode also feels lovely – especially on a hot day – and helps to reduce the appearance of pores and help skin absorb your facial moisturiser. The product lights up with a whit light, and the dots, which also illuminate, indicate which setting you are currently on. It also makes a clear beeping sound when you change functions.
To use the product – place moisturiser on the plate before switching on. It is preferable that you use a water soluble moisturiser. Turn the bar on and it will get warm very quickly. Move it over the skin on your face for around 30 seconds. Press the button next to switch to hot mode with vibrations. This will stimulate skin further and help you achieve that natural glow. After another 30 seconds, switch to cool mode. You’ll hear the internal fan kick in at this point – I can’t actually believe how quickly it gets cold! The final setting is cool with vibrations and this is a lovely final facial massage which will help relax you and minimise pores. This should be done 3-5 times a week and takes about 2 minutes in total.
Now for my thoughts!
- As you can tell from my gushing above, I absolutely love how this item looks. You could say that it is very ‘Instagramable’ and I really enjoyed photographing it. I’m also currently trying to find a practical use for the box it came in too, because it will just look beautiful wherever I put it!
- I love the way the hot mode feels on my skin, to me this is the best part. It really does help with the absorption of my moisturiser and I love this
- The vibration mode really isn’t the best – it could be better. I don’t actually know what benefits it is having to my face and skin and it just isn’t really needed in my opinion
- It charges very quickly and just looks even more beautiful on its throne of a charging base
- The cool mode is very refreshing and as I said before, it gets cool very quickly and is wonderful if you’re feeling pretty warm. I use it on my face after a run as I turn into a good shade of tomato very quickly! This calms my skin right back down and means I can continue to put on my makeup without lovely sweat and red patches making an appearance