Oh Makeup Revolution, you’ve done it again! Another beautiful eyeshadow palette that I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on. As soon as photos were released of the inside of this palette, it was love at first sight. First up, this palette screams Huda Beauty dupe (and who doesn’t love an affordable dupe?) and secondly, I love me a bit of rose gold.
This beautiful, chococlate themed palette comes from I Heart Makeup, a sister brand of Makeup Revolution and also sold on the TAM Beauty website. The palette came in a cute chocolate bar wrapper style box, which was rose gold too. The casing itself is a good sturdy plastic and I love the rose gold chocolate dripping down the front. Inside is a generous mirror and then your 16 STUNNING eyeshadow shades. Bonus: This palette smells like a Kinder Bueno bar! I can’t stop sniffing it!
There are a good varierty of finishes to the eyeshadows. A few lovely matte transition shades, some shimmers and some pressed glitters. I’ve not seen pressed glitters in a Makeup Revolution palette before, but I’m very impressed with them. These types of shadows are quite difficult to produce but these have been done well and are bloody pigmented! I apply them with my finger for full impact! You could also use them with a wet brush. The palette does come with a plastic sheet with all the names of the shades on it too.
Today I used the palette to create a quick and easy halo eye. Here’s how –
- Independent (bone colour) all over the lid to set my primer
- Uh-oh (light, red/brown) in the crease
- Girl Boss (Pinky brown) on outer edge of crease
- Side-Chick (red) on outer and inner lid, blended through the crease to help form the halo
- Barbie (shimmer shade, pink with gold reflect) in the centre of the eyelid
- Hard Work (pressed gold) dabbed lightly on very centre of eyelid
- Girl Boss and Side-Chick on lower lash line
This is another beautiful and extremely affordable palette, perfect for the Autumn. The colours are pigmented, blendable and a dream to work with. It helps that the packaging is completely beautiful too!
Buy yours here, or in Superdrug stores.