Yay, I’m so excited about this one! Baby J had a long nap this afternoon, so instead of cleaning, doing the washing, blah, etc. I played around with my makeup collection! I’ve been planning a Valentine’s look for a couple of weeks and I really hope you like it. It’s quite OTT in some places, but you can use what you want from it. I took a no makeup selfie to start with, for a bit of ‘before and after’.
I haven’t gone into detail over my whole face prep, as I’ve done that before in my Christmas look and it hasn’t really changed much since then. I’ve taken a photo of everything I used and here is the list –
- Soap & Glory Speed Plump Moisturiser
- Carmex lip balm
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation in Vanilla Rose
- L’Oreal True Match Concelaer in Vanilla
- MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as an eye primer
- Collection Precision Contour
- Collection Eyebrow Definer
- PS… Pro HD Mascara
I have put the focus of this post onto my eye makeup, as it’s the statement part of the whole look. For eyeshadow I used the amazing Makeup Revolution 144 Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette Collection 2017 (an amazing £10!) I’ve written about it before here.
I’ve taken step-by-step photos as I feel it’s easier to show you what I did, you can also see what brushes I used for each part of the eye, they’re from the Spectrum Eye Blending Set.
- I applied a peachy nude to my whole lid and up to the brow bone
2. A light pink in my crease
3. I went over the crease again with this darker pink shade
4. The darkest pink in that column was then applied to my outer corners
5. I used the neon pink as a liner on half of my under eyes
6. I then used the bright lilac on the other half of my under eye and blended them together for a gradient effect
7. I used a bright, shimmery, light pink on the centre of my lids
8. I completed the work with the shadows by applying Unicorns Heart highlighter – the pink shade – to the inner corners to make my eyes pop!
Here’s how it looked when they eye shadow process was complete –
To make the look fun and unique, I applied The Sparkles Store Valentine’s Mix loose glitter to my inner corners and then picked out the cute little hearts and stuck them with glitter fixing glue on my outer brow bone.
Now for the lashes! These are called #Sexy and are from Beauty Atelier Shop. You can purchase them here. You can also use this code – KER 10 – for free shipping, woohoo! The eyelashes are handmade and 100% silk. They are so comfortable to wear and create an instant car eye look! Beauty Atelier Shop also have other amazing and exclusive items that you need to check out. I will be uploading a video about some of their products in the next few days.
For highlight, I used Glitter Eyes highlight in the shade ThatGlo. My blush is from a palette in the Makeup Revolution 12 Days of Christmas box.
And finally…lips. I used the awesome Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matt Lip Kit in Echelon .
And there we have it! I’m so pleased with the final result! Unfortunately, my camera didn’t pick up the prettiness of the highlighter, it has an iridescent pink shimmer in certain lights. Believe me when I say that it’s beautiful.
What will you be doing on Valentine’s Day?
Happy Valentine’s Day 2017 Sparkle with Kerry readers! Love you all!