As you know, I already own quite a few Makeup Revolution products but I don’t own many of their lip kits. I have the Halloween Unicorn lip kit and the original Retro Luxe Matte kit in Echelon. However, the Echelon kit I own is in the original formula, which quite frankly wasn’t brilliant. Makeup Revolution worked hard to perfect their matte lip kit formula and I’ve heard only good things. I was super excited to see that they had put five gorgeous mattes, two glosses and three metallic shades into one box for Christmas and today I’m excited to share it with you!
The lip kits come in individual boxes inside a black, classy and pretty sturdy box. The kits are spread across two slide out drawers – an expensive looking Christmas present. Inside the top lid are illustrations of lips with the colours on and name of the kits. I really like this finishing touch.
Let’s start with the matte kits. To be honest, I would buy this set for these alone. I love me a matte lipstick and five of them is just a bonus! They are mostly nude shades too, which are also my favourite (and a lot of other peoples’ at the moment!). Each kit contains a lip pencil and a liquid lipstick with a doe foot applicator. Each lipstick has a clear tube and matte rose gold lid. Each pencil is black, with a black lid and a little strip of the pencil colour on the bottom. The shade names are also written on the products.
- Echelon – My favourite of the bunch! A pink based nude. This shade also won Gold in the 2017 Pure Beauty Awards!
- Grandee – Very pink and very pretty. This is the brightest of the mattes
- Noble – A close second favourite. This is a lovely brown nude
- Duchess – A muted red/orange. Very sophisticated and slightly festive too!
- Highness – A darker version of Noble – more brown but still in the nude category
Now for drawer two – glosses and metallics. Once again, all of these kits come with a lip pencil and liquid lipstick. The lids of the liquid lips are a shiny rose gold. So pretty!
Lip Glosses –
- Honour – For a lip gloss, I actually love this. It isn’t gloopy and sticky. It is actually very wearable and super pigmented for a gloss. I love the colour too – a true nude brown
- Original – This is my least favourite kit of the ten. It is very light and a peach colour. I just don’t think that it suits my skin tone. It would look lovely in the summer on someone with a fresh tan or even on deeper skin tones. I feel it just washes out my complexion. The colour is very pretty though.
Metallic Lip Kits –
- Regent – This is the most pigmented and my favourite of the metallics. It’s a very festive red. It’s super unique and pretty. I feel this will be getting a lot of wear over the next couple of months!
- Empress – This is a peachy nude metallic with a gold reflect. This looks gorgeous when it catches the light
- In Waiting – another pretty pink. It’s the most natural of the metallics
When I swatched the lipsticks I didn’t use the lip pencils, I’ll hold my hands up this was probably not fair on the metallics. I feel the colours would be much more vibrant and stunning with a lip pencil underneath.
I have been testing out the formula of the mattes over the last few days and have to say I’m very impressed. The longevity of the colours is fantastic and lasted through various snacks, drinks and meals. The colours are also gorgeous. It is a lightweight formula and doesn’t have the stickiness that the original formula had.
If you’re debating whether or not to get this for someone for Christmas, or even as a gift for yourself I say get one! For £30 you’re getting £60 worth of products. There’s something in this set for everyone – you really can’t go wrong.